Jim Keeling and Steve Pennington, Head of Wealth Planning of at Arbuthnot Latham, answer the top questions that business owners need to know about wealth planning.
1. How does a business owner prepare for the premature death or incapacity of a shareholder?
2. How can a business owner build an estate or legacy plan before selling their business?
3. What options are available to preserve inheritance tax exemption after exiting a business?
4. What benefits or other incentives can a business provide, tax efficiently, to its team as part of a staff retention strategy?
5. What elements of financial planning can often be "missed" by busy entrepreneurs before a sale?
6. What are the benefits of engaging a wealth planning professional working alongside other advisers?